24 de novembre del 2010

Com m'agrada!!!!!

THE WATER IS WIDE
Cançó tradicional anglesa, amb més de quatre segles d'antigüitat.

Escolteu-ne la versió del CONTRATENOR Andreas Scholl, acompanyat únicament d'un llaüt, a l'estil renaixentista.

1-The water is wide, I cannot get o'er
And neither have I wings to fly.
Oh give me a boat that will carry two
And both shall row my love and I

2-Down in the meadow the other day
a-gathering flowers both fine and gay
a-gathering flowers both red and blue
I little thought what love can do

3-I leaned my back against an oak,
Thinking that he was a trusting tree.
But first he bent and then he broke,
and so did my false love to me.

4-A ship there is, and she sails the sea,
She's loaded deep as deep can be,
But not so deep as the love I'm in
I know not if I sink or swim.

5-O love is handsome and love is fine,
And love’s a jewel while it is new
But when it is old it groweth cold
And fades away like morning dew.

I ara la podeu escoltar en la versió de la cantant nordamericana EVA CASSIDY, que se sol moure en els terrenys del  Country, el Blues i la música soul.